Insul version 9.0
Marshall Day Acoustics are delighted to announce the release of version 9.0 of INSUL.
This new version presents a major over haul of the user interface to provide a new foundation for the next 10 years development of this world leading software. The most obvious feature to the thousands of INSUL users will be the 3 D illustration of the partition to be calculated. This can be rotated, zoomed and an X ray view displayed. This makes the communication with an end user of the calculations easier and provides a degree of confidence that the prediction is based on the users actual partition design. A trial version can be downloaded from the download page on this website and a trial key obtained from your local distributor.
A short list of new features compared to version 8
- New user interface design with 3 D illustration of the construction that can be zoomed and rotated.
- Better utilisation of small or big screens. (Elements of interface can be re-arranged for personal preference)
- Prediction of floating floors using polystyrene or mineral wool with concrete screed on top.
- Double absorptive blankets can be selected (means illustrations can be more realistic)
- Prediction of external cladding systems using PIR or Polystyrene insulation
- Better auralisation with a user expandable library of sounds. Ability to record auralisations for later replay without INSUL
- New types of connections and improved illustrations
- Thermal insulation of glazing (according to EN 673)
- Database of steel or timber studs (standard sizes selected from menu).
- Pitched roofs can now be predicted
- Multi-platform (Windows, Apple Mac Os) (this may be a couple of months away)
- Better search through materials files.
- Filtering lists by category or manufacturer.
- New types of frames/connections such as Batten and Cradle isolation pads
- Add copy and paste functions to composite TL calculator, and to outdoor-indoor calculator (so you can transfer results).