IRIS is a measurement system with software and hardware for measuring the 3D impulse response in rooms and evaluation of reverberation time and other room acoustical parameters.
IRIS is a powerful and user friendly measurement system for capturing and analysing room impulse responses in 3D. Beside measuring standard room acoustic parameters (ISO 3382) IRIS allows to analyse room reflections, theirs direction and theirs intensity.
- 3D colour-coded representation of sound rays
- Length indicates relative sound intensity level, angle is the ray direction, and colour represents time of arrival
- Separate music and speech arrival time categories
- Interactive 3D rotation and zoom
- Dynamic range and time resolution adjustment
- Specific angle and level information for individual rays for detailed analysis
- Broadband and octave band filtered views
- Traditional omnidirectional waveform views
- Dynamic interaction between the IRIS plot and waveform view – rays selected in one view are highlighted in the other view
- Automatic detection of onset time with manual adjustment
3D Impulse Response Capture
The IRIS measurement system utilises a compact tetrahedral microphone array – a Core Sound TetraMic – which is placed at the desired receiver position. The room is excited by a loudspeaker at the source position, driven with a single swept sine stimulus. The IRIS software provides the stimulus, records the room’s response and processes and visualises the results immediately.
Custom adapter boxes have been designed to simplify the measurement system and a single ethernet cable is used to transfer the microphone signals.
IRIS accurately captures how the room’s surfaces direct sound to the receiver position in 3-dimensions. The 3D image plot displays the measurement via the easy-to-use interface.
- IRIS is an affordable software and hardware 3D impulse response measurement system
- The system consists of:
- IRIS Software and USB dongle
- Core Sound TetraMic
- MOTU 4pre USB audio interface
- Custom phantom power and microphone cable adapters
- 30 metre CAT5E STP microphone array extension cable
- Pelican Storm case with custom foam cut-out
More information on the IRIS website www.iris.co.nz